Monday, February 15, 2010

Ahhh, vacation.

I am on vacation this week and plan to do a little of this






And a little of this







I am very happy to say that I finished the 6 12 1/2 inch squares I had to do for the round robin I am participating in.  I am pretty happy with them.  I must admit though...I have discovered that I am not able to measure.  These should have ended up 12 1/2 inches...but they did not.  They ended up between 11 and 12 inches.  So I just cut them back to 11 and put on a border to bring them up to 12 1/2.


I am currently having my basement finished.  It was kind of half finished when I bought the house 3 years ago but it was not done well.  So I (and when I say "I" I don't mean me...lol) am ripping down what the previous owners did and I am having the basement framed and drywalled, electrical outlets put in and light fixtures, and a drop ceiling.  Once that is all done I'll put down carpet and paint the floor in the laundry room.

My sewing room is downstairs and as you can imagine, it is a complete dissaster right now.  I packed up all my fabric so it wouldn't get all dusty from the drywall and I had to use two big rubbermade containers. YIKES!!!  I really had no idea I had that much fabric.

Here are some pictures of the fabric I got from 32.5 and T a few weeks ago.  We had a fabric swap.  These pictures show a fraction of the fabric I have. LOL










Tomorrow I am planning on going to Uxbridge to a really nice quilt store called Quilters Cupboard  becasue as I think I have previously explained I really need to add to my fabric stash  (LOL) and then out for lunch to Frankie's Ristorante.    I hope you enjoy your Tuesday.

1 comment:

crazyquiltlady said...

When the square does not happen in size a true quilter makes it happen by adding a border -- love it Good job Eat Run Quilt